Royal Navy to carry largest cyber struggle video games
- 21 March 2017
- From the part Highlands & Islands
The Royal Navy is to carry its first giant scale cyber struggle video games.
Info Warrior 17 will contain Synthetic Intelligence (AI) and check the safety of warships and submarines towards cyber assaults.
The coaching might be held throughout Joint Warrior, a serious Nato train happening in and round Scotland from 26 March to six April.
This train, which is held twice a yr, includes hundreds of military, navy and air pressure personnel.
The Royal Navy stated Info Warrior 17 would "set the foundations" for cyber warfare sooner or later "as a result of, as our enemies develop into extra technologically superior, so should we to fight these threats".
The train will contain:
- Utilizing AI know-how to develop a "ship's thoughts" on the centre of Royal Navy warships. The Navy stated this is able to permit quick, complicated selections to made made routinely making warships and submarines "safer and simpler in fast-moving, war-fighting conditions"
- "Leading edge" computing know-how and unmanned aerial automobiles to assist the Navy and Royal Marines to battle in info warfare
- Utilizing open supply intelligence and satellite tv for pc imagery to "enrich" the intelligence image of a state of affairs
- Check the defences of ships and submarines towards the danger of cyber assaults on the vessels' fight techniques, communications techniques, energy and propulsion management techniques
Train Joint Warrior is held twice a yr - in spring and autumn.
In the course of the second of final yr's workouts the Royal Navy staged Unmanned Warrior - its first major training exercise using drones.
It featured greater than 50 automobiles, sensors and methods on the floor of the ocean, underwater and within the air.
Army ranges and websites in Benbecula, Kyle of Lochalsh and off Applecross have been used for Unmanned Warrior.
This spring's Joint Warrior will contain naval models from Denmark, Belgium, Estonia, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the US.
Army air crews may also be flying out of RAF Lossiemouth in Moray and HMS Gannet at Prestwick in Ayrshire.
Reside firing workouts are even be carried out a variety at Cape Wrath in Sutherland.